What’s New in Version 9.3.1
• Addresses a problem during the migration of albums from MobileMe Gallery that may cause photos to be moved from their original events into a new event called “From MobileMe”
• Fixes an issue that in rare cases could cause iPhoto to hang when upgrading libraries
Included in Version 9.3
• iPhoto can now open libraries from Aperture 3.3 or later
• AVCHD video is now supported
• The Description field now automatically expands as needed when entering text
• You can now flag a photo in Magnify (1-up) view by clicking a Flag icon displayed in the upper left corner of the photo
• Keywords and titles are now preserved when exporting files with embedded GPS location data
• A new Export option allows you to automatically organize exported photos into subfolders by event
A security vulnerability exits in the way that folder permissions are set in certain Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac 14.2 installations. This update resolves that vulnerability.
Improvements that are included in the update
The Office for Mac 2011 14.2.3 Update also includes the following improvements:
- This update fixes an issue where some SkyDrive folders in Micorosft Document Connection are displayed as zero-byte files instead of folders.
- This update provides critical updates for connection reliability with SkyDrive.
Improvements for Excel for Mac 2011
- This update improves stability in Excel when you drag to move a PivotTable row or column.
- This update fixes an issue in Excel where #REF is returned even when links are ignored.
Improvements for Outlook for Mac 2011
- This update fixes an issue where some IMAP users may receive an “Unknown namespace” error when they try to create special folders (such as Drafts and Sent Items) on the server.
- This update fixes an issue with some IMAP configurations where Outlook repeatedly displays “Cannot create mailbox” errors.
- This update fixes an issue that causes Outlook not to display details for certain contacts when Lync or Communicator is running.
- This update fixes a problem that occurs when users reply to or forward Exchange email messages that were downloaded from Exchange 2007 servers. When this problem occurs, the Date field is missing from the body of the message.To correct email messages that have already been cached, right-click the folder that contains the email messages, select Folder Properties, and then then select Empty under Empty Cache. Or, you can delete the Exchange account and then add it again to resynchronize the account.
- This update fixes an issue where users may have duplication of mail when they use Gmail and connect with Outlook by using IMAP.
- This update fixes an issue where some users who have IMAP accounts intermittently receive a “Too many simultaneous connections” error. A setting is now available to control the polling interval that Outlook uses with IMAP servers.To adjust this setting, select Tools, select Accounts, and then select Advanced for the IMAP account. The setting defaults to synchronize all lMAP folders every two minutes.
- This update fixes a connectivity issue that occurs when Outlook connects through a proxy server that uses NTLM based authentication.
Improvements to Word for Mac 2011
- This update improves Full Screen View integration with Word.
Previously released improvements included in this update
This update includes all the improvements that were released in all previous Office 2011 updates since the release of theMicrosoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 Update. For more information about the improvements in a previous update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.2 Update
2598783 Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.3 Update
2644347 Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.4 Update
2685940 Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.0 Update
2705358 Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.1 Update
2665351 Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.2 Update
Safari 5.1.4 contains improvements to performance, stability, compatibility, and security, including changes that:
- Improve responsiveness when typing into the search field after changing network configurations or with an intermittent network connection
- Address an issue that could cause webpages to flash white when switching between Safari windows
- Address issues that prevented printing U.S. Postal Service shipping labels and embedded PDFs
- Preserve links in PDFs saved from webpages
- Fix an issue that could make Flash content appear incomplete after using gesture zooming
- Fix an issue that could cause the screen to dim while watching HTML5 video
- Improve stability, compatibility and startup time when using extensions
- Allow cookies set during regular browsing to be available after using Private Browsing
- Fix an issue that could cause some data to be left behind after pressing the “Remove All Website Data” button
For detailed information on this update, please visit this site: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5142
For detailed information on the security content of this update, please visit this site: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
Along with iPhoto, Apple updated the Garage Band app for the Mac.
This update supports general compatibility and addresses overall stability and performance, including the following:
• Updates compatibility with GarageBand for iOS projects
• Fixes a playback issue with the GarageBand Lesson preview videos
• Corrects issues with some software instruments triggering incorrect or stuck notes
Apple is releasing a bunch of updates for the apps (Remote, iTunes U, Find My Friends, Find My iPhone and iBooks) to take advantage for the retina display and issue other bug fixes.
What’s New in Version 9.2.2
• Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
Included in Version 9.2
• Addresses compatibility with iCloud and iOS 5
• Left and right swipe gestures can now be used to navigate between photos in Magnify (1-up) view
• Previously imported photos are now displayed in a separate section of the Import window
• Book/calendar themes and card categories can now be selected using a pop-up menu in the carousel view
• Resolves an issue that could cause some pages of books to print incorrectly
• Rebuilding a library now correctly preserves saved slideshows and books
The update is recommended for all users of iPhoto ’11.
iTunes 10.6 adds the ability to play 1080p HD movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store.
This release also includes many improvements for iTunes Match, including:
• Improved song matching
• Improved album artwork handling, downloading, and display
• Addresses an issue where songs may skip when playing from iCloud
Available via Apple’s iTunes download page or via Software Update
Today Apple released an update to the iOS 5.
Get yours now!
Today Apple released an incremental update that addresses some issues restoring from a Time Machine Backup.
Get your update via Software Update.