Most of the time, we will use Finder to browse through our files.
A window pops up with the directory Home, or whatever name you called it.
If you want Finder to open a specific directory, like your Documents for example, follow this simple steps:
1. Access Finder menu and choose: Finder-Preferences.
2. Choose the General Section, wich is the first one.
3. Look in: “New Finder windows open:” (Its Home by default)
4. Choose the directory that you often visit.
5. Changes will be applied instantly. Next time you open a new window in the Finder it will go for your chosen directory.